||The houseperson is responsible for maintaining the highest standards of Whistler Platinum’s linens and other vacation home amenities, ensuring our guests only receive the best quality in each home. The houseperson is also accountable for the cleanliness and overall appearance of all back of house areas, office and storage areas.
||Property Services Manager
|Hours of Work/Wage
||32 - 40 hours per week, rotating schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
|What will I be doing?
Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent high level of cleanliness in linen and storage rooms and all back of the house areas, by following set cleaning procedures and continuous monitoring.
- Collecting soiled linen and trash from the housekeeping bags, moving furniture and cleaning fireplaces as per assignment or set procedures.
- Assist with periodical cleaning tasks as requested.
- Take ownership of the timely completion and documentation of rotating cleaning tasks for assigned areas, according to procedures and standards.
- Timely delivery of linen and guest amenities as requested.
- Work in such a careful manner that damage to the building and its contents is prevented at all times.
- Complete all tasks in such a way that this will never cause major disruption and inconvenience to our guests and staff.
- Maintain cleaning equipment to the required standard of appearance and repair and ensure nothing is left unattended in guest corridors or other public areas.
- Respond to guest requests and deliver required supplies in a professional manner, within set timeframe.
- Show continuous support for all environmental and energy conservation initiatives.
- Handle chemicals as per WHMIS regulations.
- Ensure the security of all guest property, including lost & found items, storage rooms and equipment by following guidelines provided.
- Maintain a professional image at all times through conduct, appearance and dress and by following company policies & procedures.
- Contribute to the successful organization and morale of the Housekeeping Department and the company overall
- Other duties or tasks as assigned
|What are we looking for?
If you understand the importance of only accepting the highest standards in cleanliness, delivering consistent home presentation and scheduling and working efficiently you may be the person we are looking for.
The following skills and experience are required to be successful in this position:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Able to meet the physical demands of the position i.e. extensive walking, frequent bending, stooping and stretching. Should be able to occasionally lift and carry items weighing as much as 75 lbs and pull/push up to 300 lbs.
- Be able to work on their own and be accountable for daily responsibilities with little supervision.
- Provide courteous, professional and attentive Guest service at all times
- Capable of creative problem solving i.e. will take appropriate action to get the job done.
- Maintain an excellent working relationship with all departments and promote a professional team environment
- Good communication skills, approachable, friendly demeanor and a positive attitude at all times.
- Prior housekeeping experience preferred but not necessary.
Visa Requirements: You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We are unable to assist you in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this position.
|What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a minimum starting wage of $15/hour and a flexible work schedule. You will be eligible to participate in our Recreation Pass Program that includes access to your choice of a ski pass, gym pass or other recreational activities via a $750 spending account for new employees. After 12 months of employment, you may enroll in the Extended Health benefits plan. Whistler Platinum also offers eligible team members access to third party training and educational assistance. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Whistler Platinum Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time hourly team members.
Please forward your application to .