Front Desk Agent
||Front Desk Agent
||Front Desk Supervisor
|Hours of Work
||32 - 40 hours per week, Rotating Schedule including Days and Evenings
Front desk is the main point of contact for all Hotel related operations, decisions, and service standards while on duty. The successful candidate will be responsible for checking guests in and out, taking payments, reservations and to provide customer service excellence upon requests for assistance and act as liaison between the hotel and guests.
Exemplary customer service skills and a demonstrated willingness to exceed guest expectations are the minimum expectations for all Whistler Platinum employees.
- High School Diploma and Post Secondary Hospitality Education preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills: able to listen, understand, clarify, confirm, and respond.
- Superior interpersonal skills and the understanding of when tact and discretion are necessary to handle both team member and guest issues.
- Strong administration skills - writing, filing, tracking, organizing, phone etiquette.
- Able to multi-task and remain organized and professional
- Minimum 2 years experience in the Service Industry.
- Previous Reservations experience is an asset.
- A professional and groomed appearance is required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal are needed.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task in a stressful environment, and creative problem solving skills are necessary.
- Working knowledge of operating systems, Outlook, Microsoft Word and Excel, and PMS are assets.
- Must enjoy working shift work including evenings and weekends.
- Must have current Class 5 Drivers License.
- Ability to make a 1 year commitment.
- Greets guests
- Books guests into their vacation rental according to their reservations, requests and availability
- Provides guests with resort information
- Takes reservations when needed
- Performs cashier duties, processing payments
- Handles telephone and fax messages for guests
- Coordinates any special services requested such as housekeeping, dining, and activities
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all guests and employees
- Respond to all guest concerns with empathy and creative solutions to provide ultimate guest satisfaction
- Other duties or tasks as assigned
Please forward your application to and include salary expectations.