Director of Operations
||Director of Operations
||Guest Services, Maintenance & Property Services
|Hours of Work
||Average 40-50 hours per week, depending on business levels
Full time, Salary, Year Round position
The Director of Operations is responsible for ensuring every Guest has an exceptional experience with Whistler Platinum. Overseeing the entire Guest Experience from the moment of arrival, the Director of Operations is responsible for the Guest Services Department including the Front Desk, and Concierge team as well as Maintenance and Property Services. Strong leadership and communication skills, time management and the ability to multi task and delegate are essential skills for this position. A strong knowledge of the properties and surrounding Whistler area will help to ensure a high level of guest satisfaction.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Operations Manager role an asset
- Knowledge of property management systems an asset
- Experience and/or education in the hospitality industry an asset
- Excellent command of the English language – written and verbal. Other languages an asset
- Excellent communication skills: able to listen, understand, clarify, and confirm
- High level administration skills – writing, filing, tracking, organizing, phone etiquette.
- Able to multi-task and remain organized and professional
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Confidentiality and privacy and security of Guest and Employee information
- Be supportive of creativity and innovation, and be willing to openly embrace change
- Able to contribute to the successful organization and morale of the team – team oriented
- Previous customer service in a fast-paced environment meeting and exceeding guest expectations
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good problem resolution skills operating in a “win-win” fashion for guests
- Outgoing, friendly and positive
- Absolutely punctual and professional
- Great knowledge of Whistler area and local activities
- Support the Guest Services, Maintenance and Property Services teams to ensure everyone is working towards providing Guests with the best possible experience.
- Monitor advanced arrivals report and prepare staff for Guest requests
- Liase with other departments to ensure up to date property arrivals/departures information is accurate and special instructions/requests have been organized.
- Work with team leaders to Identify VIP clients & highlight special requests/needs of Guests
- Uphold the highest level of Guest Service to all Whistler Platinum Guests
- Setting targets and monitoring progress of upsetting activities.
- Review Guest feedback and Online survey’s and responding to feedback
- Oversee mystery shopper projects
- Address any guest concerns or complaints as soon as possible
- Monitoring employee use of company vehicles and phones, ensuring company policies are upheld.
- Supporting the Guest Services and Maintenance manager with all employee relations needs
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Dealing with Employee Relations as they arise.
- Conducting Employee Reviews on a regular basis
- Ensuring policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook are adhered to by all Employees
- Overseeing scheduling and payroll for Guest Services, Maintenance and Property Services staff
- Coordinate the purchase and availability of staff uniforms, company stationary
Please forward your application to and include salary expectations.