Guest Experience-Front Office Manager
||Guest Experience-Front Office Manager
||The Guest Experience-Front Office Manager with Whistler Platinum is responsible for directing and administering the day-to-day guest services and front office functions and supervising staff in Front Desk and Guest Services/Concierge. The position ensures we deliver outstanding guest service and employee satisfaction while maximizing the financial performance of the department.
||Guest Services / Front Desk
||Director of Operations
|Hours of Work/Wage
||Full time, year-round. Able to work all shifts including weekends and evenings as business levels dictate.
|What will I be doing?
Specifically, you are responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Consistently offer professional, engaging, and friendly service
- Perform all tasks of a Front Desk Agent as needed to facilitate service; lead by example
- Foster a culture where employees focus on their role of doing whatever it takes to exceed guest expectations while performing multiple functions
- Develop an engaged, enthusiastic and guest driven team through recruitment, personal and professional development and reward
- Create expectations, lead team members and hold people accountable for the agreed upon activities and time tables
- Analyse, respond to, and manage all service recovery efforts
- Actively seek feedback and follow up on guest comments and reviews, and make improvements accordingly
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Whistler Platinum Standards and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Ensure a strong departmental training program is maintained to ensure the multi-functionality of all positions
- Develop close and effective working relationships with supporting departments - particularly Property Services, Maintenance, and Sales
- Monitor and develop team member performance including providing evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Meet and greet guests and respond to guest inquiries and requests in a timely, friendly, and efficient manner
- Initiate and implement up-selling techniques to promote activity sales to maximize overall revenue
- Ensure team members have complete and current knowledge of Company products, services, policies, and knowledge of the local area and events
- Act as Manager on Duty (MOD) on your assigned nights of the week – making decisions that are beneficial to the Owner, Guest and Whistler Platinum
- Complete audit procedures, as needed
|What are we looking for?
You are an expert communicator and a recognized team leader responsible for inspiring a positive atmosphere of empowered decision making in support of our continuing efforts to deliver outstanding guest service.
Our continued success is directly attributable to our team members staying true to our Mission and Values. We look for our team members to demonstrate the following attributes:
Customer Focus - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
Productivity - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
Dependability - We can be trusted to do what is needed.
Adaptability - We respond to changing circumstances as required.
Teamwork - We are team players in everything we do.
Accountability - We are the owners of our actions and decisions.
In addition, the following skills and experience are required to be successful in this position:
- Proven ability to effectively lead, motivate and develop a team
- Expert communicator - someone who is comfortable interacting with the service team as well as our guests
- Previous experience with luxury brand and discerning guests highly preferred
- Highly motivated, organized, goal, and results oriented individual who thrives under pressure
- Comprehensive knowledge of Front Office and Guest Services operations
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- A high degree of multi-tasking as well as attention to detail
- Previous experience with property management systems required
- Tech Savvy: computer literate in Microsoft Windows, Outlook, and Excel applications required
- University/College degree in a related discipline preferred
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends and evening shifts
Visa Requirements: You must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We are unable to assist you in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this position.
|What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive salary and, depending upon performance, a bonus opportunity. You will be eligible to participate in our Recreation Pass Program that includes access to your choice of a gym, yoga, or ski pass. After 90 days, you may enroll in the Extended Health benefits plan. Whistler Platinum also offers eligible team members access to third party training and educational assistance. We look forward to reviewing with you the specific benefits you would receive as a Whistler Platinum Team Member. The above information is provided as a highlight of the major benefits offered to most full-time team members.
Please forward your application to .