Guest Services/Front Office Manager
||Guest Services/Front Office Manager
||Director of Operations
||Guest Services, Front Desk
|Hours of Work
||Average 40-44 hours per week, depending on business levels
Full time, Salary, Year Round position
The Guest Services Manager is responsible for ensuring every Guest has an exceptional experience with Whistler Platinum. This position oversees the Guest Service and Front Desk areas. Strong leadership and communication skills, time management and the ability to multi task and delegate are essential for this position. A strong knowledge of the properties and surrounding Whistler area ensures the accuracy of reservations, and initiates guest satisfaction for their upcoming stay.
- Minimum 2 years experience in Guest Services/Front office Manager role an asset
- Knowledge of property management systems an asset
- Post Secondary Hospitality Education preferred
- Excellent command of the English language – written and verbal. Other languages an asset
- Excellent communication skills: able to listen, understand, clarify, and confirm
- High level administration skills – writing, filing, tracking, organizing, phone etiquette.
- Able to multi-task and remain organized and professional
- Excellent grooming with professional image
- Able to uphold all guest confidentiality holding guest privacy and security in the highest regard
- Be supportive of creativity and innovation, and be willing to openly embrace change
- Able to contribute to the successful organization and morale of the team
- Previous customer service in a fast-paced environment meeting and exceeding guest expectations
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good problem resolution skills
- Team oriented
- Outgoing, friendly and positive
- Proactive with guests and
- Absolutely punctual and professional
- Great knowledge of Whistler area and local activities
- Ensure all guest inquiries and telephone calls are dealt with immediately
- Address any guest concerns or complaints as soon as possible
- Monitor advanced arrivals report and prepare staff for Guest requests
- Liaise with other departments to ensure up to date property arrivals/departures information is accurate and special instructions/requests have been organized.
- Ensure all arrival packages are ready for Guests
- Baskets, gifts and cards are allocated to appropriate Guests
- Uphold the highest level of Guest Service to all Whistler Platinum Guests
- Setting targets and monitoring progress of upselling activities.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Act as MOD (Manager on Duty) in the absence of the Director of Operations – making decisions that are beneficial to the guest, owner and company.
- Dealing with Employee Relations as they arise.
- Conducting Employee Reviews on a regular basis
- Scheduling staff for Guest Services and Front Desk
- Ensuring policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook are adhered to by all Employees
Please forward your application to and include salary expectations.