Maintenance Technician F/T or P/T
||Maintenance Technician F/T or P/T
|Hours of Work/Wage
||Average full time 32-40 hours and par time 16-24 per week, depending on business levels. Shift work.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing all required Service Requests and maintenance tasks. This individual will communicate with the Maintenance Manager daily to create, complete and track all Service Requests required for Vacation Properties. The Maintenance Technician will record all work provided, the materials required, duration of time needed to complete maintenance tasks, and ensure all billing is passed on to the Maintenance Manager.
Duties require that the Maintenance Technician be a physically fit individual, able to climb a ladder and carry heavy items. The Maintenance Technician will possess a basic understanding of simply machinery and request assistance for projects where projects surpass his or her training and knowledge. Limited paperwork is to be completed in the allotted time frame as discussed with the Maintenance Manager and all duties are to be carried out in an efficient and effective manner.
- High School Diploma and Post-Secondary Hospitality Education preferred
- Previous maintenance, contractor or handyman experience (min. 2 years) in a fast-paced Hospitality environment
- Good problem resolution skills, ability to think on ones feet, operating in a "win-win" fashion for guests and Whistler Platinum
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting and exceeding guest expectations in an un-supervised atmosphere
- Be supportive of creativity and innovation, and be willing to openly embrace change
- Absolutely punctual and professional
- Excellent grooming with professional image and attitude
- Great knowledge of Whistler area
- Preference will be given to candidates who are able to make a one year commitment
- Be familiar with property specifics.
- Respond to and repair any maintenance items as requested, for properties managed by Whistler Platinum.
- Complete basic tiling, painting, plumbing and carpentry projects and tasks when needs in a timely manner.
- Receive maintenance and deficiency reports from the Maintenance Manager, Owner Services and dispatch and complete as needed.
- Follow up regarding status of repairs and deficiencies.
- Provide all invoices for any purchases made, to the Maintenance Manager with completed Service Request form on the day the task is complete.
- Communicate throughout the day with the Maintenance Manager or dispatch to let them know of any changes in status of properties.
- Communicate with Property Services and Subcontractors to ensure that any special instructions are followed.
- Liaise with Owner Services Department to ensure that all owner requests are looked after.
- Other duties as required.
Please forward your application to .