Front Desk Agent
||Front Desk Agent
||Guest Experience Manager
|Hours of Work/Wage
||WINTER POSITION STARTING NOVEMBER 2014.
32 - 40 hours per week, rotating schedule including days, evenings and weekends.
The Front Desk Agent is expected to provide excellent customer service that exceeds the guests’ expectations from the moment of arrival through to their departure. This will be achieved by consistent teamwork with all other departments within Whistler Platinum.
- High School Diploma and Post-Secondary Hospitality Education preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in the Hospitality Industry
- Excellent command of the English language - written and verbal. Other languages an asset
- Excellent communication skills: able to listen, understand, clarify, and confirm
- High-level administration skills and computer skill set writing, filing, tracking, organizing, and phone etiquette.
- Able to multi-task and remain organized and professional
- Able to uphold all guest confidentiality holding guest privacy and security in the highest regard
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting and exceeding guest expectations
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Knowledge of property management systems an asset
- Good problem resolution skills operating in a "win-win" fashion for guests
- Team oriented
- Outgoing, friendly and positive
- Proactive with guests and while working unsupervised
- Absolutely punctual and professional
- Great knowledge of Whistler area and local activities
- Valid BC Driver’s licence an asset
- Preference will be given to candidates who are able to make a one year commitment
- Make a valuable welcoming impression to all Guests
- Check-in guests with accurate instructions and details for their stay
- Check-out guests with proper instructions and details for their return
- Respond to guest issues, complaints, maintenance and housekeeping requests promptly and with assistance from supporting departments
- Provide concierge services and ensure proper billing
- Take reservation calls and follow sales training guidelines when necessary
- Be familiar with all Whistler Platinum properties, amenities and locations
- Respond to all guest concerns with empathy and creative solutions to provide ultimate guest satisfaction
- Prepare for guest arrivals; check-in packages, communication of arrival times, ensure accurate directions and late check in policies and offer concierge services
- Liaises and communicates effectively with all appropriate operational departments
- Develops and cultivates strong working relationships with all guests and employees
- Receive deliveries for office and guests
- Other duties as required
Please forward your application to and include salary expectations.