||Director of Operations
|Hours of Work/Wage
||Average 40-44 hours per week, depending on business levels
Full time, Salary, Year Round position
The Maintenance Manager reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for performing, or overseeing the performance of all required work orders and maintenance tasks. This individual will communicate with the Property Services Manager daily to create, complete and track all work orders required for the company offices and Vacation Properties. The Maintenance Manager will record all work provided, the materials required, duration of time needed to complete maintenance tasks.
- Minimum 3 years experience performing maintenance duties in a hospitality atmosphere, preferrably in a supervising role.
- Be a physically fit individual, able to climb a ladder and carry heavy items
- Possess a basic understanding of simply machinery and request assistance for projects where the project surpasses his or her training and knowledge
- Knowledge of property management systems an asset
- High level administration skills – writing, filing, tracking, organizing
- Able to multi-task and remain organized and professional
- Be supportive of creativity and innovation, and be willing to openly embrace change
- Able to contribute to the successful organization and morale of the team
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Good problem resolution skills
- Team oriented
- Ensure all maintenance requests are dealt with immediately
- Maintain department costs.
- Become familiar with owners and property specifics.
- Respond to and repair all maintenance items as requested for properties managed by Whistler Platinum
- Complete any tiling, painting, plumbing and carpentry projects and tasks when needed in a timely manner and on estimate targets.
- Perform maintenance and/or dispatch Maintenance Technicians and/or subcontractors to Vacation Properties and Woodrun suites as required for major and minor maintenance issues.
- Inspect work completed by subcontractors and ensure quality is ensured prior to invoices being approved.
- Receive maintenance and deficiency reports from Property Services Department, Owner Services, Inspectors, front line staff and complete as needed.
- Follow up with technician’s and sub-contractors regarding status of repairs and deficiencies.
- Provide all invoices for any purchases made to the Accountant with completed work order form on the day the task is complete.
- Create and implement a yearly Preventative Maintenance Inspection program to ensure all properties are functioning to the highest level.
- Assist the property services team when required to assist with post departure inspections
- Review all outstanding work orders every day to ensure any properties arriving have been attended.
- Take care of company vehicles ensuring weekly checks are completed, regular servicing is scheduled and change of seasonal tires is addressed.
- Act as MOD (Manager on Duty) in the absence of the Director of Operations – making decisions that are beneficial to the guest, owner and company.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Other duties as required.
Please forward your application to and include salary expectations.