||The Travel Consultant with Whistler Platinum creates and successfully sells tailored vacations to guests from around the world, and plays a key role in creating outstanding experiences for our guests and homeowners.
||Sales & Marketing
|Hours of Work/Wage
||Full-time, year round. Average of 32-40 hours per week, depending on business levels.
|What will I be doing?
The Travel Consultant with Whistler Platinum creates and successfully sells tailored vacations to guests from around the world, and plays a key role in creating outstanding experiences for our guests and homeowners. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Plan, promote, and sell travel arrangements including Whistler Platinum's vacation rentals, hotels and cross-selling of transport, lift tickets, snow lessons, and activity options to maximize revenues while consistently exceeding the guest's expectations.
- Handle all incoming phone calls and email inquiries professionally and efficiently.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers and guests to ensure a positive and memorable Whistler Platinum experience.
- Qualify each sales opportunity in order to customize reservations as required to exceed the guest experience.
- Ensure complete and up-to-date product knowledge in order to provide information to guests and travel agents regarding vacation homes including layouts, bedding, and amenities, booking and cancellation policies, plus information on hotels and activities, and other relevant local community events and company information.
- Enter all transactions into the reservations system in an accurate and timely manner - including rental agreements, confirmations, and itineraries.
- Work cooperatively with other team members to complete the booking and confirmation processes and track key data for all bookings to ensure timely and effective reservation management.
- Assist with maintaining inventory in third party extranets.
- Other duties as required.
|What are we looking for?
If you understand the value of providing guests with an exceptional experience and personalized attention, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a team member with Whistler Platinum. Specifically, the following skills and experience are required to be successful in this position:
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Telephone sales and customer service skills in the travel industry
- Comfortable and eager to connect with guests by phone with a highly polished phone manner
- Experience with service recovery and problem-solving
- Knowledge of Whistler area, Whistler Blackcomb products, and local activities a must
- Keyboarding skills of at least 45 w.p.m.
- Tech savvy; experience with a reservation or travel system as well as Outlook and Microsoft Excel.
- Demonstrated organizational, follow-up and time management skills
- Completion of a Travel diploma or hospitality degree an asset
- Proficiency with numbers
- Uphold guest confidentiality, privacy, and security
- Make effective decisions in the interests of guests and the Company
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Outgoing and energetic with a consistently positive and professional attitude
- Be a consistent team player
- Self-motivated, able to take own initiative and use sound judgment
- Patient at all times with guests and travel agents
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends
- Able to effectively adapt to change
If this sounds like the perfect position for you, please apply with your resume and cover letter outlining why you are a suitable candidate for this position.
|What benefits will I receive?
Please forward your application to .