Vacation Planner, Full Time & Part Time
||Vacation Planner, Full Time & Part Time
||Sales & Marketing
|Hours of Work
||Full time Average 32-40 hours per week, depending on business levels. Part time 16-29 hours per week. (Rotating shift work. Split shifts when business needs demand)
Using outstanding sales skills and excellent customer service to assist clients in planning, selecting and booking their complete Whistler vacations including accommodation, transport, and activities that are best suited to their needs.
- High school diploma
- Travel diploma / hospitality degree an asset
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills: able to listen, understand, clarify, and confirm
- Second language an asset
- Minimum 1 year sales experience within a customer service environment
- High-level analytical, administration and organisational skills to deal with multiple priorities simultaneaously
- Highly polished phone manner and email etiquette.
- Able to uphold all guest confidentiality holding guest privacy and security in the highest regard
- Be supportive of creativity and innovation, and be willing to openly embrace change
- Working knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft office
- Experience with reservation or property management systems an asset
- Good problem resolution skills operating in a "win-win" fashion for guests
- Team oriented, energetic, outgoing, friendly and positive
- Proactive with guests and while working unsupervised
- Absolutely punctual and professional
- Knowledge of Whistler area and local activities an asset
- Plan and organise travel arrangements for clients
- Research and prepare accommodation, transport, and activity options based on client's requests
- Respond to client inbox emails and phone inquiries in a professional and timely manner
- Consistently offer professional, engaging, and friendly service to guests about rates, accommodation options, and locations
- Review all upcoming reservations to ensure accuracy and consistency of information
- Effective selling of the vacation properties using a thorough understanding of all options: layouts, room types, amenities, bedding, location, community activities and surrounding area
- Inform guest of booking and cancelation policies
- Apply sales skills on each call, showing commitment to increase revenues and meet monthly targets
- Arrange all transportation for guests to and from Whistler via taxi, bus, or limo etc. through appropriate channels.
- Assist with activity recommendations and bookings including Whistler Blackcomb lift tickets and lessons.
- Keep current on all local information including operator schedules, events, and promotions
- Assist with company extranets and maintaining inventory.
- Compose and process confirmation letters to guests and continue communication prior to their arrival as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
Please forward your application to and include salary expectations.